Monday, July 19, 2021
Friday, June 18, 2021
Saturday, June 12, 2021
1/4 cup sourdough starter discard
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
1 egg, beaten
2 Tablespoons milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon flour
Combine sourdough discard, butter, egg, milk and vanilla
Add flour, sugar, salt and baking powder to sourdough mixture
Mix until smooth
Pour into greased and floured 9-inch round pie dish or 8x8 square pan
Crumble topping ingredients together and sprinkle over cake batter
Bake for 30 – 35 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean
Friday, June 11, 2021
This recipe is very quick and doesn't take long to bake so I can prepare it in the evening and bake it first thing in the morning. I love that there is no need to use fed or active starter, no kneading and no shaping for this light and fluffy loaf.
1/2 cup cold, unfed starter
1/2 cup water, room temperature
1/2 Tablespoon sea salt
1 Tablespoon honey
1 Tablespoon oil
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 - 2 Tablespoons Everything Bagel Seasoning (optional)
Cover and let rise at room temperature overnight.
Saturday, June 5, 2021
Sunday, January 3, 2021
Loving My Sourdough Again!
Simple Sourdough French Bread
- 1/2 cup cold, unfed starter (right out of the refrigerator)
- 1/2 cup water (room temperature)
- 1/2 Tablespoon sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Mix all ingredients for dough. Cover and let rise until double. (You can stretch and fold a few times if you like, but it's not necessary).
- Shape dough, cover and put in refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, take dough out of refrigerator and gently reshape and place on greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Score dough and bake in preheated oven 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool completely before slicing.