Italian Sausage and Kale Soup
- 4 oz. ground pork sausage (Jimmy Dean)
- Onion, Garlic, Red Pepper Flakes, Salt and Pepper
- 2 – 3 cups Water
- 1 – 2 teaspoons chicken soup base
- 1 -2 Yukon Gold Potatoes, diced
- 1 – 2 cups Kale, cleaned and chopped
- 1 cup cream, half and half, whole or low-fat milk
- Bacon, crumbles
- Kale Chips
- Parmesan Cheese
Sauté sausage in saucepan until browned. Add onion, garlic and seasonings and cook 1 minute.
Add water, soup base and potatoes, heat (10 – 15 minutes) until potatoes are tender.
Add kale and simmer (5- 10 minutes) until tender.
Add cream or milk and simmer 15 minutes.
Serve with crumbled bacon, kale chips, parmesan cheese and crusty bread.
Note: It is very easy to modify this recipe to your own personal taste. Some people prefer smoked sausage or substitute spinach for the kale. You can make it as creamy or spicy as you like. Enjoy!
Post a Comment