Loving My Sourdough Again!
Simple Sourdough French Bread
- 1/2 cup cold, unfed starter (right out of the refrigerator)
- 1/2 cup water (room temperature)
- 1/2 Tablespoon sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Mix all ingredients for dough. Cover and let rise until double. (You can stretch and fold a few times if you like, but it's not necessary).
- Shape dough, cover and put in refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, take dough out of refrigerator and gently reshape and place on greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Score dough and bake in preheated oven 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool completely before slicing.